[rt-users] RT::Extension::LDAPImport install fails

Giuseppe Sollazzo gsollazz at sgul.ac.uk
Tue May 31 05:52:43 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin,
thanks for your reply.

Comments inline.

On 26/05/11 16:55, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:59:05PM +0100, Giuseppe Sollazzo wrote:
>> The reason I answered "n" is that if I try and install the test
>> package I get the following output (even if I try the install
>> separately):
>>
>> Running make test
>> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
>> "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
>> t/00-load.t ....... 1/1 # Testing Net::LDAP::Server::Test 0.10, Perl
>> 5.008008, /usr/bin/perl
>> t/00-load.t ....... ok
>> t/01-ldap.t ....... 1/12 Creating new LDAP server on port 10636 ...
>> Accepted connection from: 127.0.0.1
>> Creating new LDAP server on port 10636 ...
>> Unable to listen on port 10636: Address already in use at /root/.cpan/build/Net-LDAP-Server-Test-0.10/blib/lib/Net/LDAP/Server/Test.pm
>> line 844.
>>   ... shutting down server
> This is a random port, so either you have a conflict on the random
> port it chose, or some other restriction from your OS.

Uhm... weird as running from root. Also, what do you mean by "random"?
Every time I run the install the port is the same, do I have any way of
altering the seed?

> You do understand that the test suite will need to create an rt3test
> database and put data in it?

It gets to that point actually. But this is RT4, so rt4test, which was
created without issues specifying the DBA user/pass as an environment
variable.

> I suspect that you really do not want to run the test suite, and we'll
> release an update that moves them to author tests.
>
> I still suggest a manual installation since it will make it easier for
> you to review the README

Ok - I'll have a look at the README and experiment with the manual
install, although I'd prefer a "packaged" release for the live server.
Please let me know about your release plans.

Many thanks,
Giuseppe

--
____________________________________