[rt-users] Entering Multiple Select Items in a Custom Field through REST Interface

gekkoman gekkoman at illimitable.com
Sun Nov 6 20:54:57 EST 2011

Bart,

have tried multiple variations on this theme to no avail.

I suspect a delve into the code base will be required.

My best guess is this feature is not yet supported.

One would be fine with this, except for the fact that if one edits the
ticket at a later stage it by default deletes the custom entry field of
content which is not ok.

Regards

Tarek

> sorry, noticed the syntax doesn't make sense O_o
>
> Should be more like this:
>
> set CF-'Field A'='item 1','item 2','item 3'
>

> -- Bart
>

> 2011/11/6 Bart <bart at pleh.info>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't really have a setup where I can test this but you've mentioned
>> that the REST interface returns comma delimited list, have you tried
>> entering the CF value with a comma delimited entry? Something like this:
>>
>> CF-'Field A': 'item 1', 'item 2', 'item 3'
>>
>> When I have some time I'll see if I can test this in my testing
>> environment.
>>
>> -- Bart
>>

>> 2011/11/5 gekkoman <gekkoman at illimitable.com>
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>>>
>>> I can populate the custom field easily enough through the REST
>>> interface
>>> with the CF.{field name} format.
>>>
>>> Don't seem to be able to resolve this back to selections in a multiple
>>> entry CF.
>>>
>>> The REST interface itself returns comma delimited list when displaying
>>> ticket with a multiple item CF selection, so it seems sensible to be
>>> able to pass the same result back to RT and have it yield the original
>>> result. This does not appear to work.
>>>

>>> More appropriate may be the ability to  pass repetitive key definitions
>>> eg
>>> CF.{field name A}: Select Item 1