[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth with PHPass (phpbb3);

Adrian Stel adisan82 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:39:11 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to configure ExternalAuth on my RT4.0.2

External database use Portable PHP password hashing framework. (phpbb3)
http://www.openwall.com/phpass/

There is perl module for this  Authen::Passphrase::PHPass (Perl module
reimplements the support for portable hashes introduced in phpass, but
in Perl).

My question is haw I should configure RT_siteConfig.pm:

 'p_enc_pkg'                 => '?'
 'p_enc_sub'                 => '?'

When I use:

'p_enc_pkg'                 =>  'Authen::Passphrase::PHPass',
'p_enc_sub'                 =>  '',

I get:

My_MySQL AUTH FAILED The encryption package you gave me (
Authen::Passphrase::PHPass ) does not support the encryption method
you specified (  )
(/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:99)

Any idea why ?

--
Best
Adrian Stelmaszyk