[rt-users] RT 3.6.1 configure out going address used by smtp

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 22 15:57:03 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 09:29:27AM +1300, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Thanks for responding. I tried as advise and it didn't work.

Unfortunately, the config options quoted are only for 3.8 or 4.0.

You don't want to use RT's built in SMTP support.  If anything is ever
wrong with your SMTP server, RT will never retry and the mail will be
lost.

You likely want to use the -f command to the SendmailCommand option,
but be aware of the limitations in that.  3.8 and 4.0 provide more
flexible ways to do what you want, until then you'll want to use the
command line syntax supported by your MTA to force the Sender.

-kevin