[rt-users] Query / Report worked time

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 23 12:24:11 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Mayk Backus <backus at nlcom.nl> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> the link to the wiki is :
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/TimeWorkedReport
> A coworker of mine, who is a coder, fixed the code, only the integration
> in the menu still doesn't work (perhaps due to 3.8 code?). I will create

Yes. Menu subsystem have been changed in RT4. Take a look at some
extension that have been ported over RT4. Actually the wiki page has
hints about the menu.

> a wiki login to share the changes, it was an issue with quotes i
> learned. We are also changing the script to have some extra output.
>
> We are still noobs in RT, what's the best way to share modifications ?
> We have some modifications in place to let RT better integrate in i-doit
> (cmdb and documentation software).

Syntax errors should be fixed. If you update with new functionality
then either wrap it as an extension or replace code on the page (if
old functionality is kept and new is generic enough to be used by many
people).

It's really easy to create an extension for RT. Developer installs
Module::Install::RTx and steals Makefile.PL from any extension (steal
from http://search.cpan.org/~ruz/).

--
Best regards, Ruslan.