[rt-users] create tickets via email

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Nov 30 11:00:26 EST 2011

On 11/29/2011 08:09 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> hello list,
>

> I have built my company's RT server to the point where users can
> authenticate via LDAP as well as a postfix mail server on the RT host
> that you can use to send email to accounts intended for use with RT.
> This postfix server also has pop3 and IMAP functionality.
>
> However, I tried following the 'getmail' (not the fetchmail) portion
> of this tutorial:
>
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/Fetchmail

If you have postfix installed on the RT server, use the normal aliases
mechanism to pipe mail to rt-mailgate (as described in the README).

It's overly complex and brittle to use getmail to read from a local
POP/IMAP server on the same machine.

> No permission to create tickets in the queue

RT should be spitting out a more verbose message than that, go look for
it.  It probably also sends mail to the configured RT administrator
address.  You need to properly setup rights to let the sender create
tickets.

Thomas