[rt-users] RT4.0.1 ExternalAuth and SSO

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 19 10:02:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 01:51:45AM -0700, declaya wrote:
> Until now, ExternalAuth is working fine, all users can log in with their
> credentials, they are recognized in our AD. My problem now is the SSO
> config. I have no idea what I have to set in the RT_SiteConfig.pm.
> As far as now my config looks like this:

I think you've misunderstood what SSO RT-Authen-ExternalAuth supports.

> So now my question is: Where can I find out how the table, field and the
> match key of the cookie is called? Or is this a misunderstanding from my
> side?
> Do I have to make a cookie by myself? I think I can use the cookie I get
> when visiting the RT interface, don't I?

This module supports doing SSO using cookies that you're setting from
another application.  It is telling RT how to reach into the remote
database to confirm the cookie it receives.

If you want AD SPNEGO SSO, you want mod_auth_kerb or one of the
related web server extensions.

-kevin