[rt-users] update warning between working hours

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 2 14:53:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 22:40, Mayk Backus <backus at nlcom.nl> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> We have a crontool in use that alerts a e-mail distributionlist when a
> ticket in our emergency queue has gone without an update for 15 minutes
> or more. This is fine and works well.
>
> /rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg "LastUpdated <
> '-15 minutes' AND Queue = 'Emergency' AND Status != 'stalled' AND Status
> != 'resolved' AND Status != 'rejected'" --action
> RT::Action::RecordComment --template 'Ignored tickets'
>
> We now want to extend this for other queues , that notifies queue
> members that a ticket has gone without an update for 3 hours (we have an
> update commitment of 4 hours). The problem is, i don't want to spam the
> crap out off people and want to limit the check to between working
> hours. Doing this with cron is fine, but has the downside that in the
> morning it will mark every ticket as not update since it sees the last
> time as yesterday. This is logical.  I'm wondering if there is something
> to be set for "working hours" , it's a function that for example otrs
> has. I want it in RT too ;-)
>
> Anyone any suggestions or experience in this ?

You can use SLA [1] extension to set Due date to reply deadlines
according to rules and with account of business hours. So instead of
checking LastUpdated in crontool you can check Due date:

"Due < '15 minutes'" - 15 minutes or less until reply

[1] http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-Extension-SLA/lib/RT/Extension/SLA.pm

--
Best regards, Ruslan.