[rt-users] Ldap groups and queues permissions

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 11 13:52:12 EDT 2012

Please keep replies on the list.

On 04/11/2012 01:43 PM, Cristo Bolaños Trujillo wrote:
> This is interesting: I created user on RT user admin page, but didn't
> see any change on user permissing.

Take note of the checkbox "Let this user be granted rights (Privileged)"
which turns a user Privileged or not (Unprivileged).

> After sometime (I don't know really how many and when), user get right
> permission.

Permissions come from RT's internal system groups, ticket/queue roles,
and your own custom user groups.  You can grant rights to these globally
or on a specific queue/article/custom field level.

> It looks like cachedgroupmembers table get updated periodically, so, is
> there any way to force it to refresh immediatelly?

No, it doesn't get updated periodically.  It gets updated immediately.
There's no "refresh".  Futzing with the database is the really wrong way
to go about what you want and will almost certainly lead to you breaking RT.