[rt-users] Can 'Username' be Removed as a Required Field From the User Creation Form?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 12 09:50:59 EDT 2012

On 04/12/2012 12:03 AM, Timothy Tate wrote:
> I'm curious if it would be possible to prevent the 'Username' field of
> the User Creation form from being required? I would prefer to reference
> each user account by the 'Real Name' only when filling in the
> 'Requestor' field on a new ticket. This would be useful for users that
> have no need to login to RT, such as a user account that is created for
> a company I support.

No, you can't make username optional.  You can fill it with whatever
you'd like though, as long as it's unique in your system.

I'd suggest setting the username to be the same as the email address,
and then setting your $UsernameFormat to 'verbose' which will show: Real
Name <email at address>.

Thomas