[rt-users] Upgrade to 4.05 broke search editing

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Apr 17 13:23:09 EDT 2012

On Tue, April 17, 2012 9:28 am, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 04/17/2012 12:02 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
>> Wrong query, expecting a OPERATOR in 'Queue = 'Water Close-Out' AND
>> CF.{Work->State}<--here = 'Pending Invoices''
>>
>> And if we try to create a new search, it refuses to accept the
>>
>> CF.{Work-State} = 'Pending Invoices'
>>
>> From looking at the behavior, the sql editor in 4.05 is having trouble
>> with the '-' in Work-State.  Is this illegal RT-SQL or is the editor in
>> 4.05 broken?
>
> 'CF.{Work-State}' = 'Pending Invoices'

The single quotes do solve one of the problems but on further testing it
seems to be an editor problem.  Not sure if this was in 4.02 as well.

To reproduce:

Tickets -> New Search

Select Queue

click on Add These Items

Select a Work-State

Click on Add These Items

The correct search will appear in the Current Search pane:

Queue = 'Water Close-Out' AND 'CF.{Work-State}' LIKE 'Pending Drawings
Reconciliation'

However, on clicking on the "Advanced" tab it only shows the Queue =
"xxxx" part.

Now:

Tickets -> New Search

Select Queue
Select Work-State

Click on Add These Items

Again, the correct search will appear in the Current Search pane, and
clicking Advanced brings up the whole search.

'CF.{Work-State}' LIKE 'Pending Drawings Reconciliation' AND Queue =
'Water Close-Out'

The only thing I can think of is that the order of the search items is
reversed.  This is reproducible both in Firefox and Chrome.

Our old searches that "lead" with the Queue = 'xxx' and are followed by
the CF{Work-State} are failing to edit using the advanced tab.

--
On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not