[rt-users] Am a little bit lost with setup of RT

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Apr 18 15:55:32 EDT 2012

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ManualEmailConfig
?

> 2. Otherwise how to get fetchmail/Postfix working with rt-mailgate:
>
> oll mail.help-me-do.it
> protocol pop3
> username "general at example.com" password "noneiknowof"
> mda "/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
> http://www.example.com"
> no keep
>
> poll mail.help-me-do.it
> protocol pop3
> username "general-comment at example.com" password "noneiknowof"
> mda "/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url
> http://www.example.com"
>
> What confuses me:
>
> 1. What do i enter at the url part? Since i can only access the RT Instance
> via the IP Address, i am not sure.

The URL is the URL of your RT-install.
That includes the TCP-ports.
IP or DNS-name is irrelevant.

> 2. I need to enter a username in the fetchmailrc config file; and a
> password. Do i need to create this mailbox somewhere else or is this the
> mailbox itself, which is created and i can use any password i want to?
>
> I really appreciate your help. Thanks.
> w_e

You can run fetchmail on the shell with more verbose output and see how it works.

Where is your mail hosted?
I assume, you don't run RT on your mailserver, right?
The mailboxes (you need two) are on your mailserver.
The mailserver is the server that is recorded in your MX record.
If you had told us your real domain, we could look it up and tell you its IP-address....

I would really suggest you ask BestPractical or someone else for an onsite install.

Rainer