[rt-users] requestor close ticket

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Apr 19 08:51:53 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:01:39AM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:
> How can I configure RT (4.0.5) to allow user (authenticate by LDAP) close
> himself the ticket.
>
> The best thing I want is :
>
> 	We (deskhelp) put the ticket in a special status (waiting for close).
>
> 	The user close himself the ticket
>
> 	If the user don't close the ticket after X day the ticket is
> 	automatically close.

If you grant them ModifyTicket on tickets that they are the Requestor,
they can change the status.  You can configure Lifecycles to allow
waiting to go -> closed (or maybe back to an open status if they
disagree) and then use rt-crontool to search for waiting tickets older
than 7 days and SetStatus

-kevin