[rt-users] schema of the mysql-database suitable to RT 4.0.5

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 23 10:28:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:46:00PM +0200, Joerg Hollandmoritz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I created a new database; then I imported the data from a former
> version. After that I made all the updates (schema,...) like described
> below.
> make upgrade-database
> · upgrading from 3.6.3 =>
> _______________________________________
> /usr/bin/perl -I/opt/helpdesk/local/lib -I/opt/helpdesk/lib
> sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --prompt-for-dba-password
> In order to create or update your RT database, this script needs to
> connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root
> Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
> database
> password, just press return.
>
> Password:
> Working with:
> Type:   mysql
> Host:   localhost
> Name:   DV_rt
> User:   dvATmysql
> DBA:    root
> Enter RT version you're upgrading from: 3.6.3
> No DB changes since 3.6.3.

This is wrong, there are a ton of changes since 3.6.3.
Where are you running the command from?  You're support to run it from
the unpacked RT tarball.

Your selects below demonstrate that the length of the password field
is still insufficient.

You also don't appear to have run any of the other upgrade steps
between 3.6 and 4.0 that I pointed out in my earlier email, this
includes a vitally important characterset change between 3.6 and 3.8.
I've called out the note from before:

> > need to read and follow all other upgrade steps in docs/UPGRADING 3.6
> > 3.8 and 4.0 as well as paying particular attention to
> > docs/UPGRADING.mysql

You may find the blog post on upgrading useful
http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/07/upgrading-to-rt-4.html

-kevin