[rt-users] MinPasswordLength Not Working

Thomas Simmons simmons at ama-inc.com
Thu Aug 16 10:17:49 EDT 2012

Apologies, my message was sent before I finished it.

I am unable to get minimum password length enforcement working on a new 4.0.4 install. I have added:

Set($MinPasswordLength , '10');

to my RT_SiteConfig.pm, stopped Apache, cleared the mason cache and restarted Apache, however the new settings do not take effect. RT still accepts a 5 character password and if I try a password with less than 5 characters, RT still states the minimum length is still 5.

While searching online, I found this old thread where someone was experiencing the same problem with 3.8.2.
http://old.nabble.com/MinPasswordLength-and-additional-password-rules-td23560536.html

Can someone advise - is this a long-standing bug? Was support for MinPasswordLength removed at some point? I appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Thomas