[rt-users] auto reply question

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 23 18:09:18 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 05:22:42PM -0400, Ming Ho wrote:
>    I create different queues in RT system, setup auto reply to each queue too.
>    One work without any issue, but the other doesn't work. Both queue are setting up with the
>    same way.
>    I find this in the error log:
>    [Thu Aug 23 21:08:38 2012] [info]: <[1]rt-4.0.6-25365-1345756118-175.2979-21-0 at internet2.edu>
>    #2979/35628 - Scrip 21 Autoreply on Create netplus-cenic
>    (/usr/local/pkg/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
>    [Thu Aug 23 21:08:38 2012] [info]: <[2]rt-4.0.6-25365-1345756118-175.2979-21-0 at internet2.edu>
>    No recipients found. Not sending. (/usr/local/pkg/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:353)
>    [Thu Aug 23 21:08:38 2012] [info]: <[3]rt-4.0.6-25365-1345756118-548.2979-4-0 at internet2.edu>
>    #2979/35628 - Scrip 4 On Create Notify AdminCcs
>    (/usr/local/pkg/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:301)
>    [Thu Aug 23 21:08:38 2012] [info]: <[4]rt-4.0.6-25365-1345756118-548.2979-4-0 at internet2.edu>
>    No recipients found. Not sending. (/usr/local/pkg/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:353)
>    [Thu Aug 23 21:08:38 2012] [info]: Ticket 2979 created in queue 'netplus-cenic' by
>    [5]netplus-cenic at internet2.edu (/usr/local/pkg/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Ticket.pm:688)
>    If I manually run that command from command line:
>    rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue netplus-cenic --action correspond --url [6]https://localhost <
>    /tmp/10
>    which it works just fine and I will get the auto response which I setup on this queue.
>    when I compare those tickets which the different is that one see the requestor and the other
>    ticket doesn't then of course the one ticket sees the requestor then it does is job and I will
>    get the auto reply.
>    Owner:Nobody in particular
>    Requestors:Ming Ho

>    AdminCc:
>    The other ticket that doesn't see the requestor then it will send auto response out but new
>    ticket still created.
>    Owner:Nobody in particular
>    Requestors:
>    AdminCc:
>    The most funny thing is that when setup another queue with the same setting that it see the
>    requestor with no problem at all.
>    Any one has experience this issue? Any suggestion are greatly appreciated!!!

Unfortunately, without seeing a sample mail that fails on one queue but
not the other, it's hard to guess at the problem.

It's clear that RT doesn't think you have a valid Requestor.
Make sure your logs are on Debug and make sure that the Requestor
email address isn't also one of the comment or correspond addresses in
the system.

-kevin