[rt-users] Replying to emails within the Ticket display screen from the web interface

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 24 11:02:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 09:49:40AM +0200, Martin Studer wrote:
>      * There is a default delivered global scrip 'On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs' (
>        ScripCondition => 'On Correspond', ScripAction => 'Notify Requestors And Ccs', Template =>
>        'Correspondence'). If this scrip is in place and I use the "reply" functionality I can
>        chose whether an email is sent to the requestor or not. If another person sends an e-mail
>        to Request Tracker (all e-mails into RT are considered correspondence) regarding this
>        specific ticket, the requestor get's as well an email (which I do not want). If I remove
>        the global scrip no e-mails are sent out when using the reply functionality.

You need to change the condition to be something like "On Correspond
by Staff member" or some other restriction.  Otherwise how is RT to
know whose mail should go to the requestor and whose shouldn't.

There's some code for this in RTIR that could be stolen.

It's also possible that these second emails might want to be comments,
not correspondence.  Depends who is sending them and why.

>      * If a person B sends an email regarding a Incident/Ticket where person A is requestor, the
>        mail will be linked and then displayed in the history section for this incident/ticket. If
>        I use the "reply" functionality on this particular e-mail (from person B), the e-mail goes
>        to the requestor. Is it correct that the "reply" functionality can rather be considered as
>        a "reply to requestor" ? If yes how is it possible (via the web interface) to reply Person
>        B ?

Person B will show up on the People page to be added permanently as a
Cc or a Requestor.  During a Reply they will also show up under the
One-time-Cc line on the reply page so they can be looped in on this
reply.

-kevin