[rt-users] How To Assign IP to Incident Report From Subject Line?

Hayes, Bert Bert.Hayes at tea.state.tx.us
Mon Aug 27 12:47:27 EDT 2012

Howdy, List.  I'm running RTIR 3.0.0rc1; I'm super-new to RT but
super-experienced with incident handling and hacking on Perl.

I have an automated process that emails RTIR various alerts on various
systems; each email is for a single system and its IP address is
included in the subject of the alert.  When I take the ticket, this
creates an incident report.  I already have a field in the incident
report for the IP address, but I'd like that field to automatically be
populated with the IP address that's listed in the subject line.

This has probably been covered before; my Google-Fu is sharp, but my
understanding of RT is still dull.

Thanks.

-Bert

--
Bert Hayes, GSEC, GCIH, GCFA, GWAPT
Information Technology Security Analyst II
bert.hayes at tea.state.tx.us