[rt-users] Installing RT via Puppet

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Tue Aug 28 08:23:37 EDT 2012

You'll need modules for the various components like apache, database,
and finally request-tracker itself. Deployment will certainly be much
easier if you're installing RT from packages rather than source since
dependencies, user and group creation, are taken care of.

I haven't written a module yet but it's on my very large todo list.
There is a module on GitHub,
https://github.com/lurdan/puppet-requesttracker, which is Debian
specific and after a quick review of the init.pp it's incomplete, IMO.
That might be a good starting point for you.

--
Darin Perusich
Email: Darin.Perusich at ctg.com
Office: 716-888-3690
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please contact the sender and delete this material from this computer.