[rt-users] RT on Mandriva 2011 x86 isn't accessable - possible permission problems

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 30 14:51:34 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:27:40PM +0200, Joerg Droege wrote:
> Hello there. thanks in advance for helping me.
> After a couple of failures of dependency problems while compiling or installing newer versions , I have finalling managed to get to install an RPM of RT 3.6 on my Mandriva 2011 X86.

You should be aware that 3.6 hasn't been supported in almost a year
now: http://blog.bestpractical.com/2011/06/end-of-life-for-rt-36.html

> RT couldn't store your session.
> This may mean that that the directory '/var/lib/lib/rt/session_data' isn't writable or a database table is missing or corrupt.
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=InnoDB' at line 15 at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 220, <SCHEMA> line 463.

You appear to be using a MySQL without innodb support.  That will not
work, RT has required innodb for years.

We suggest installing RT 4.0.7 using the README included in the
tarball.

-kevin