[rt-users] Problem with callbacks in RT 4.0.6

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 30 14:52:46 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 09:05:55PM -0400, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> I'm trying to make it so when a user logs out of RT, they get taken
> back to my page when they log back in.  But I'm having problems with
> the callback in /NoAuth/Logout.html, because it seems like the
> "Default" callback is called twice, once in <%init> and once in the
> main, but with different arguments:

This certainly sounds like a bug.  Submit a pull request or patch for
4.2 to add a name?  Adding a name in the 4.0 series isn't something we
can do since someone might be relying on the behavior.

> In the <%init> section, at line 74, we find:
> $m->callback( %ARGS, URL => \$URL );
> and in the main section, at line 62, we find:
> % $m->callback( %ARGS );

This should be easy to fix.  Don't specify <%ARGS> and just
do a return if ref $ARGS{URL} to skip the first variant of the
callback.

-kevin