[rt-users] Error during make upgrade-database -- RTx::AssetTracker::Type

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Mon Dec 24 14:01:12 EST 2012

On 12/21/2012 09:40 AM, chirag.parikh at thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> I’m currently using RT 3.4.5 with AssetTracker extension and with Mysql
> 5 database. I want to setup new RT 4.0.8 on a new server with importing
> database from old server (generating mysqldump from old and populating
> DB on new server). I’m able to use make upgrade for this purpose and
> follow steps in UPGRADING.mysql file upto “Item 7”. That is, run “make
> upgrade-database” and apply updates from 3.4.5 up to 3.7.87 (as
> suggested in UPGRADING.mysql file). Then I’m able to apply RT 3.8 schema
> upgrades by generating and applying queries (upto Item 7). But, then in
> Item 8, I have to run make upgrade-database again to apply remaining
> updates (starting from 3.7.87). This is when I encounter below error and
> cannot proceed further. Any help/suggestions on fixing this would be
> greatly appreciated. Please help!

The error you're seeing is because RTx-AssetTracker isn't loaded yet
there are records referencing it in the database.

Since AssetTracker is a third-party extension, I suggest tracking down
the AT team and seeing what they suggest.  Sometimes they respond on
rt-users, but not always.  I don't think AT is supported on RT 4, however.