[rt-users] External Auth using Active Directory 2008

Howell, Van van.howell at lcu.edu
Wed Feb 1 18:04:38 EST 2012

I am new to RT, Just setup a 4.0.4 server this week.
I am using CentOS 6.2 64 bit.
MySQL
Apache

I used Ken Prickett's CentOS5InstallPlus Some WIKI instructions and made the necessary mods to get things working, so to speak.

I am using the RT_SiteConfig.pm provided in the install doc. The only changes I made was to add my information.

The problem I am having is strange.
I have added several users into the RTUsers group I set up in AD.
The AD Administrator, a common Domain User called Test.Account that is located in the OU with all my other users, my personal account also located in the OU with all the other users and an alternate administrative account I use.

I can logon to RT with the AD Administrator account. I can logon to RT with the Test.Account and I can log in using my alternate account. But I cannot logon using my personal account. I also had my assistant test with her account and she cannot log on.
I have studied the problem and cannot find anything unique about the accounts that cannot logon.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Van Howell
System Administrator
Lubbock Christian University