[rt-users] Lifecycles: Prevent automatic transition to "open" between active states

Nehmer Torben Torben.Nehmer at cancom.de
Fri Feb 10 04:32:23 EST 2012

Good day,

I have a question regarding custom lifecycles. First of all, the full lifecycle configuration can be seen here on Pastebin in case you need more information than what I have shown here.

                http://pastebin.com/6SBPwVbB

I have set a number of active states in the ticket:

        initial         => [ 'new' ],
        active          => [ 'open', 'inprogress', 'fixed', 'deployed' ],
        inactive        => [ 'resolved', 'rejected', 'deleted' ],

You can change states without much restriction, effectively:

        transitions => {
            ''         => [qw(new open resolved)],
            new        => [qw(open inprogress fixed deployed resolved rejected deleted)],
            open       => [qw(new inprogress fixed deployed resolved rejected deleted)],
            inprogress => [qw(new open fixed deployed resolved rejected deleted)],
            fixed      => [qw(new open inprogress deployed resolved rejected deleted)],
            deployed   => [qw(new open inprogress fixed resolved rejected deleted)],
            resolved   => [qw(new open inprogress fixed deployed rejected deleted)],
            rejected   => [qw(new open inprogress fixed deployed resolved deleted)],
            deleted    => [qw(new open inprogress fixed deployed rejected resolved)],
        },

So, now if I have a ticket in the "inprogress" state and generate a Response using the web interface. I leave the Status field at the default ("inprogress (unchanged)"). RT then changes the status of the ticket back to "open".

How can I prevent this - in other words: Where is the bug in my configuration?

Best regards,
Torben Nehmer
-------
Torben Nehmer
Diplom Informatiker (FH)
Business System Developer
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Messerschmittstr. 20
89343 Scheppach
Germany
Tel.: +49 8225 - 996-1118
Fax: +49 8225 - 996-41118
torben.nehmer at cancom.de<mailto:torben.nehmer at cancom.de>
www.cancom.de<http://www.cancom.de/>
CANCOM Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jettingen-Scheppach
HRB 10653 Memmingen
Geschäftsführer: Martin Mayr, Tobias Hörmann
Diese E-Mail und alle mitgesendeten Dateien sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den Gebrauch durch den Empfänger bestimmt!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential intended solely for the use of the addressee!