[rt-users] Hide Option for Tabs

Haim Dimer haim at dimer.org
Mon Feb 13 09:19:29 EST 2012

This is my first attempt at answering a post on this list, so bear with me..

Here's an idea for a solution. In $RTHOME/local/html/Elements/Tabs you
can put if clauses based on methods for the $session object. I don't
know which methods are available but I suppose you could find one that
says "IsMember( GroupA)". Here's an example of working code just to
get you moving.

if ( $session{'CurrentUser'}->HasRight( Right => 'AdminUsers', Object
=> RT->System ) )
   {
     $tools->child( reports => title => loc('Reports'), path     =>
'/Reports/Activity/',description => loc('Activity Report') );
   }

Haïm.