[rt-users] configuration help

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 13 13:40:23 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 06:30:26PM +0000, Howell, Van wrote:
>    I am working to configure a new ticketing system.
>
>    I have RT setup to pick up mail via FetchMail.
>
>    I am also running OpenNMS. From time to Time OpenNMS send an email for a problem. It has a
>    notice number.
>
>    This problem is recorded in RT as a ticket like this...
>
>    "Notice #486: HTTP down on library.lcu.edu (10.1.0.14) on node library.lcu.edu."
>
>    When the service us brought back up OpenNMS sends a second mail reporting the problem as
>    resolved like this...
>
>    "RESOLVED: Notice #486: HTTP down on library.lcu.edu (10.1.0.14) on node library.lcu.edu."
>

>    The Notice # stays the same in OpenNMS. Is there a way to read this key and have RT enter this
>    additional email from OpenNMS as a resolution to the first ticket?
>

>    I am new to both OpenNMS and RT but I think I can set OpenNMS to send the resolution to a
>    different mail address like [1]OpenNMS-Comment at mydomain.edu and then have RT check that box
>    for resolutions. But how do I apply it to a specific RT ticket?

You can use the same kind of code we're doing in RT-Extension-Nagios,
but I know that OpenNMS offers an RT connector that you may want to
use instead of email.  It can raise an RT ticket and then resolve it
when the alert is over.

You'll need to look at their site for information though, it's
something they built to interact with us.

-kevin