[rt-users] Ticket/ModifyPeople.html triggers Scrips

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Mon Feb 27 20:03:13 EST 2012

I have been troubleshooting an interesting problem since we upgraded to
RT 4.0.5.  If we have a new unassigned ticket and simply open the page
Ticket/ModifyPeople.html, one of our Scrips fires off email without any
other action (and the owner is not actually changed).  The scrip has a
custom condition to check if this is an assignment transaction (see
below).  The action is 'Notify Owner' and template is 'Ticket
Assigned'.  Point is, since this is not an actual transaction, but just
bringing up a form, it doesn't seem like it should trigger this Scrip.
I looked at the source and I see that there is a DryRun call in the INIT
section, but it seems like it should not be causing any email to be
sent.  Am I dealing with a bug, or do I have a bum Scrip?

Thanks,
Mark

my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;

# similar to OnOwnerChange, but only trigger if actor is not the new
owner and
# new owner is not 'nobody'
return 0 unless $Transaction->Field eq 'Owner';
return 0 if $Transaction->OldValue == $Transaction->NewValue;
return 0 if $Transaction->Creator == $Transaction->NewValue;
return 0 if $Transaction->NewValue == $RT::Nobody->Id;

my $field = $Transaction->Field;
my $old = $Transaction->OldValue;
my $new = $Transaction->NewValue;
my $creator = $Transaction->Creator;
my $type = $Transaction->Type;
$RT::Logger->debug("On Assign Notify Owner Condition - type: '$type'
field: '$field'  old: '$old' new: '$new' creator: '$creator'");

return 1;

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177<mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC (http://www.willingminds.com)

** For faster support response time, please
** email support at willingminds.com or call 714-495-4000