[rt-users] Add Cc and Mail ticket with RT ident

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Wed Feb 29 06:39:29 EST 2012

On 2/22/2012 10:55 AM, Thomas Sibley wrote:
> Ah, yes.
>> I made tests with on create scrip
>> ---
>> my $AttachObj = $self->TransactionObj->Attachments->First;
>>
>> my $content = $AttachObj->Content;
>> if ( $content =~ s/^\Qaddcc:\E\s*(\S+)\s*$//im ) {
>>   $self->TicketObj->AddWatcher( Type => "Cc",Email => "$1");
>> }
> This is very dangerous as implemented since it lets _anyone_ (like me!)
> start getting mail about tickets.

Yep, it can be dangerous, which is why I wrote LoopIn:

    http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/LoopIn

It is still a bit dangerous, but strives to avoid random people from
getting added, only those really Cc'ed into the ticket by others with
explicit or implied authority to do so.  This was one of the many
methods we've employed to counter ticket storms from folks using Cc
outside RT.  We also reject mail Cc'ed or Bcc'ed to RT with an
informative bounce message, and we have a method to automerge messages
handled using procmail and the rt command so that incoming messages
meeting the criteria are tagged with the correct message ID so that they
are injected into the ticket stream.  That one can really be a bit
dangerous, though :).

Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>
Principal Consultant, Willing Minds LLC (http://www.willingminds.com)

** For faster support response time, please
** email support at willingminds.com or call 714-495-4000