[rt-users] RT 4.0.4 and IE8 breakage

Jeff Blaine jblaine at kickflop.net
Tue Jan 3 13:56:55 EST 2012

For consideration/ideas before a bug report is filed.

Our users are reporting that IE8 does not work with our
RT 4.0.4 instance (after upgrading from 3.4.4 last week).

Chrome, Firefox and everything else about our RT 4.0.4
setup are working perfectly fine.

Our RT 4.0.4 instance is brain-dead simple/stock.  Apache
PostgreSQL 8.4.9, and mod_perl2 as provided by RHEL 6.2.

USER ONE
========

2. RT at a glance shows fine
3. Simple search: ldap
4. Four tickets returned.
5. User clicks one of the tickets
6. Ticket takes 30 seconds to display, redrawing the window
    several times in the process (Chrome for same ticket takes
    only 3 seconds to display the page).

USER TWO
========

2. Clicking any ticket causes browser to hang for 2+ minutes
3. Task manager --> kill IE