[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Robert Nesius nesius at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:34:38 EST 2012

I made a recently change to how my apache2 server was configured to
redirect all requests through https.  Now emails are not flowing through to
RT - I tracked the issue down to rt-mailgate complaining about not being
able to verify the certificate.  I'm a little perplexed on how to proceed
or how to verify what certs/CAs rt-mailgate is using, or if there is an
issue with the Crypt::SSLeay module (which I had to force install due to a
failing test).   I only have one openssl install on the system, and I
thought Crypt::SSLeay would reach through to those configs for things like
CA certs, etc...

Perhaps an easy workaround, since the mail server and apache2 server are on
the same machine, would be to configure a "localhost:80" virtual host
within apache2 and bypass SSL when accessing RT via that url.

Any helpful hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.   I've been
google-ing away but haven't had any luck yet.

-Rob