[rt-users] Apache2.2 won't start at boot. RT4.0.4 on debian 6

20/20 Lab lab at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 13 11:13:29 EST 2012

What does your default site conf look like?   Are there server specific
settings there that might be causing the trip up?  Have you tried
enabling both?  Have you tried changing the boot order(?)?  Try setting
the LogLevel to debug (apache2.conf/httpd.conf), then restarting your
server and see if something appears in the logs about it.  I'm not
familiar with a2ensite/a2dissite so that may be the issue.  If it
assumes that once you disable the default site that you wont be using
apache, it may be removing the appropriate link in your rc3.d / rc5.d
directory.  After you enable the rt site, and disable the default, do
you have any links in those directories?

I'm not on a debian machine, so I'm not horribly familiar with the
specific distro layout.

-Matt