[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Mon Jan 23 15:06:37 EST 2012

I tried several things to get the cert path into the environment for LWP,
none worked:

1. Adding this to /etc/fetchmailrc

   mda "env PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_PATH=/etc/ssl/certs /usr/bin/rt-mailgate-4 ...

does NOT work to get the right cert to LWP through the environment:

root at web0:/etc# service fetchmail start
* Starting mail retriever agent:
                                                          fetchmail:
starting fetchmail 6.3.19 daemon

      [ OK ]
root at web0:/etc# fetchmail: 1 message for [email address] at
[imapmailserver] (folder Support).
An Error Occurred
=================

500 Can't connect to [RT webserver]:443
(certificate verify failed)

2. Adding this to fetchmailrc does not work either:

    mda "export PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_PATH=/etc/ssl/certs; /usr/bin/rt-mailgate-4

3. Adding this to /etc/default/fetchmail on Ubuntu where fetchmail runs
from an init script as a daemin does not work either:

    export PERL_LWP_SSL_CA_PATH=/etc/ssl/certs

I am stuck with having to edit the rt-mailgate-4 on line 151 file like this:

#    my $ua   = LWP::UserAgent->new();
    my $ua   = LWP::UserAgent->new(ssl_opts => {SSL_ca_file =>
'/etc/ssl/certs/7d3cd826.0'});

which I dont like because I will forget about it during upgrade.