[rt-users] rt-mailgate

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Mon Jan 23 15:38:52 EST 2012

> We simply use mod_rewrite to redirect everyone *except* the server itself
> to https.  This way when rt-mailgate calls http://rt.ourdomain/com it is
> not forced to use https while everyone else is.

Thanks. That is an easy, maintainable solution until the next version of
rt-mailgate that will let us specify the cert path, or until OpenSSL 1.x
gets it's act together with LWP.

But doesn't work for me. I solved some kind of mod-perl/apache
redeclaration or some such problem (either spamming the logs or making
apache not start -- cant remember which) that I solved by removing all RT
apache configuration under regular http and just having the redirect to
SSL. The SSL virtualhost container has the RT configs in it.