[rt-users] RT4.0.4 Custom Scrip Guidance

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 26 11:55:37 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 08:38:42AM -0500, Ronald J. Yacketta wrote:
> All,
>
> We have an external perl script that trolls through the RT MySQL DB
> looking for recent transactions with a specific CF that has been
> updated. The script will pull out specific data from the DB and
> update an External Site for notifications. The script is used to
> inform the campus when we are planning server maintenance or are
> working on a issue that impacts the campus.
>
> Would like to convert the external perl script into a RT Custom
> Scrip that acts upon 'Correspond' || 'Comment' && CF modification,
> when those conditions are met the Custom Action will call an
> external perl script with appropriate data to update the
> notification www site.
>
> Have the following (based on
> http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/OnCustomFieldValueChange) which
> throws 'RT: Couldn't load object RT::Transaction #0
> (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:2164)' in the log

This is just a warning, not an error, and unrelated to your scrip not
matching.

> unless (
> (  ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond"
>  || $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Comment")
> &&  $self->TransactionObj->Field == 18 )
> ) {
>    return 0;
> }
>
> return 0 unless $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('External
> Updates') =~ /Public Status/i;

Your CF is actually a transaction CF, not a ticket cf.
You have to ask for the
TransactionObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('External Updated')
Also, if you have a look in your DB, is Field being set on the
Correspond/Comment transactions for this?

Unfortunately, even with the problem I listed above, you have a worse
problem.

Transaction Custom Fields aren't set until After the
Correspond/Comment, which means that the value won't be available to
you in the Scrip Condition.

Your best bet is to make this Scrip a TransactionBatch scrip, which
lets it run last, and then you can check for Correspond or Comment and
TransactionObj->FirstCustomFieldValue

Please don't change all your Scrips to TransactionBatch, as it causes
the Preview Scrips feature to not work.

-kevin