[rt-users] Full text search problem on sphinx v4.0.4

Toru tooru at kk.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Jan 31 23:32:30 EST 2012

Greetings,

I am testing rt v4.0.4 with mysql(compiled with sphinx capability) and having
some trouble in full text searching.

Here are some sample search queries from rt.

- Case1: full text search ok with returning right results.

( Content LIKE 'aaaa' ) AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' )

( Content LIKE 'aaaa' OR  Content LIKE 'bbbb') AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' )

- Case2: full text search  "not" ok returning no results and  rt seems  not sending any search query through sphinx.(no result log in sphinx's query.log)

( Content LIKE 'aaaa' AND Content LIKE 'bbbb' ) AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' OR Status = 'stalled' )

I checked both search queries without fulltext configuration and Case1 and 2 both seems returning ok result.

My v4.0.4 environment is as follow,

- rt   v4.0.4
- perl v5.14.2
- mysql v5.1.61
- sphinx 2.0.3

My configurations (sphinx.conf and RT_SiteConfig.pm) are almost default setting and I haven't done any customization of rt codes.

Any clues?

Toru