[rt-users] Attachment extraction from DB

Kevin Riggle kevinr at bestpractical.com
Mon Jul 2 17:58:23 EDT 2012

Excerpts from ronald higgins's message of Mon Jul 02 03:41:18 -0400 2012:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone ever had to extract files (docs,pdf's) out of the RT DB
> onto files on the filesystem? If so would you mind sharing how you
> went about it?

To be terribly snarky, I went to the attachment I wanted in RT's web UI,
right-clicked on the link, and selected 'Save link as'.

Look at lib/RT/Attachment.pm and the places it's used for how RT does
it, using the Perl API.  And that's mostly just taking the information
that running 'describe Attachments' in your favorite SQL DB will tell
you exists in the database and putting it in the right places.

Best,
- KevinR