[rt-users] Add custom web page to RT 4.0.5

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 18 09:51:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM, ikeusmaximus
<mgarman at peakehealthcare.com> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to essentially add an additional web page
> to RT. I have been pouring over wiki's and RT documentation for a few days
> now and I am no closer to finding an answer.  I know that a Callback can be
> used to modify parts of the Web GUI (like the Left Navigation Bar...thank
> you Kevin Falcone-2), but since I want to create a web page, a Callback will
> not work as it modifies existing web pages/Elements.
>
> The web page is really only a listing of a directory, but we would like it
> if we could essentially put the RT wrapper (nav bars and such) around it so
> that it is easier to navigate between that page and the rest of RT.  Is this
> possible?

What is the problem? Put the following into share/html/MyPage.html:

<& /Elements/Header, Title => "my title" &>
<& /Elements/Tabs &>
<& /Elements/ListActions &>

That's it. Just point you browser to /MyPage.html under RT's web URL.

More examples you can get from any RT's .html file. Use callbacks in
/Elements/Tabs to add link to the page.

> Thanks
> --

Best regards, Ruslan.