[rt-users] EXTERNAL: Re: RT Include substrings with Full-Text Indexing (PostgreSQL)

Betz, Gregory gregory.betz at thesiorg.com
Thu Jul 26 15:26:32 EDT 2012

Hey Ken,

So right know everything is indexed and searching works correctly except that I cannot search on a substring.

For example,

I have a ticket with the following contained within.
https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=rt

I search for "google.com"...
No results are returned.

I search  for "https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=rt" ...
The ticket with the content is returned.

It looks as though the content within ticket is indexed based off of whitespaces into the attachments table.

Thanks,
Greg