[rt-users] Getting Notifications & New Mails

Joachim Thuau JThuau at spacex.com
Fri Jul 27 11:41:11 EDT 2012

On 7/27/12 5:36 AM, "Matthias Henze" <lists at mhcsoftware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've to things I'm unable to find out how to get them:
>
>1. I want to see in "10 highest priority tickets I own" when there is a
>new message waiting for a response.

There are setting for that in RT4 (look for "UnRead" in the RT config file
help.
(and make sure to modify RT_SiteConfig, not RT_Config)

>2. I need a "non mail" notification when ever a new message arrives by
>preferably XMPP.

You can accomplish that by using a scrip. The default one uses a built-in
"email" notification. If you can send XMPP notification from perl, you can
build a scrip that will do that exact same thing in RT.

Jok