[rt-users] Adding additional WHOIS searches to RT - Nominet

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 31 12:18:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:56:59AM +0100, Alex Young wrote:
> My RT_SiteConfig.pm:
>
> Set($whois, {
>     6 => {
> Host=> "whois.nic.uk",
> FriendlyName => "Nominet",
> },
> 1 => {
> Host=> "whois.iana.org",
> FriendlyName => "IANA",
> },
> 5 => {
> Host=> "whois.ripe.net",
> FriendlyName => "RIPE",
> },
> 2 => {
> Host=> "whois.internic.net",
> FriendlyName => "INTERNIC",
> },
> 3 => {
> Host=> "whois.arin.net",
> FriendlyName => "ARIN",
> },
> } );
>
> The system configuration page is showing the above items under site config.
>
> It is also showing as RTIR Core config, but without my additional whois server.

When it says "RTIR Core config" that means that RT is choosing the
settings from RTIR_Config.pm rather than your override in
RT_SiteConfig.pm.  This is why it doesn't know to run against your
preferred server.

I don't think you mentioned your RT/RTIR versions which makes it hard
to point at the relevant line in the README about the config values.

-kevin