[rt-users] Error in RT after a rebuild

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 31 12:21:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 03:18:31PM -0400, Mike Coakley wrote:
> I'm also getting the following error on the ticket display page with
> any ticket that has transactions in which the ObjectCustomFieldValues
> table is missing data:
>
> Can't call method "new" on an undefined value at
> /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/ObjectCustomFieldValue.pm line 304
>
> Any ideas on how I can proceed?

Is your goal to backfill those OCFV records or to stop RT from
throwing errors when your database has bad references?

If you turn on LogStackTraces in the config, you should get stacktraces
of the code patch that got to this error which will show where you can
insert some extra checks to guard against the missing chunks of the
database.

-kevin