[rt-users] TicketSQL Date parse weird..

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Tue Jun 5 04:06:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

Using RHEL5, RT 3.8.8, Time::DateParse 2006.0814.

When doing a TicketSQL search similar to the following:

	Status = 'open' AND Due <= '10am tomorrow'

The time portion of the string isn't taken into account.

On the command line, a quick test of Time::DateParse shows it works:

]# perl -e 'use Time::ParseDate; print parsedate("2012-06-06 10:00") . "\n"; print parsedate("10am tomorrow") . "\n";'
1338940800
1338940800

So it appears as if RT is parsing the date string of 'Due' and messing with it.  Using the time portion before or after, using 10am vs 10:00, none appear to work.  Using any time component has the same result (thinking it may be a timezone issue. It wasn't).

I can't see in the RT code where this might be happening (been looking in SQL.pm).  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Stuart J. Browne
Senior Unix Administrator, Network Administrator, Database Administrator
AusRegistry Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria. Australia. 3004.
Ph:  +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Web: www.ausregistry.com.au

The information contained in this communication is intended for the named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.