[rt-users] perlbrew/cpanm installation on centos 6

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:20:59 EDT 2012

hi,

In a test environment I have installed rt 4.0.6 with a local Perl (5.14.2)
from perlbrew. Installing the dependencies with cpanm was a breeze, I must
say, impressive.

My problem is how to get this rt which starts perfectly from
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server running with apache2 on centos6. If I install
mod_perl, rt4 will not start because it tries to use the system Perl, and
that will not work because of all the missing dependencies.

If I try mod_fastcgi with the configuration on the web_deployment.pod I get
errors (selinux is disabled):

(13)Permission denied: FastCGI: failed to connect to server
"/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server.fcgi":

Right now I got it working from a reverse proxy with mod_proxy starting the
webserver on port 8000 with Starman.

I get warnings:
[Fri Jun  8 14:10:59 2012] [warning]: The actual HTTP_HOST (127.0.0.1) does
NOT match the configured WebDomain (host.domain.tld). Perhaps you should
Set($WebDomain, '127.0.0.1'); in RT_SiteConfig.pm, otherwise your internal
links may be broken. (/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:1098)

The mod_proxy way looks promissing, but is it a correct way? Is anyone else
running rt from a non system Perl and apache2 in rhel/centos?

--
Groeten,
natxo