[rt-users] Subject in Template options

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 2 09:44:32 EST 2012

On 03/02/2012 06:39 AM, Joe Kirby wrote:
> I use the templates for several things and my guess is that the term
> Subject: located in the Content part of the setup for Template is like a
> Reserved Word and must be present for an email to work
>
> We use Gmail at UMBC and the threading option is driving some folks nuts
> because the subject of the email is always the queue name + ticket id
> then what I really want

If I understand you correctly, that behaviour doesn't sound like a stock
RT setup.  Can you show us the contents of your global Correspondence
template and any queue-level Correspondence templates?

The default subject lines of outgoing mail from RT are like this:

    [rtname #id] Ticket subject is here

The queue name isn't mentioned.