[rt-users] RT 3.8.11 with nginx+SSL

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 2 10:00:50 EST 2012

Ken @ rice.edu wrote:
>> and the URL is http://rt2.rice.edu:8443 and not the https
>> version. If I change the URL manually from http to https
>> I have logged in. If I try to reply to a ticket, after I click
>> update, it again goes to the http version of the URL and not
>> the https version.

Gerard nailed it.  :)  Normally you shouldn't set WebBaseURL yourself,
but when running SSL on a non-standard (not 443) port, you need to.

For reference, quoting from RT_Config.pm:

  =item C<$WebBaseURL>, C<$WebURL>

  Usually you don't want to set these options. The only obvious reason
  is if RT is accessible via https protocol on a non standard port, e.g.
  'https://rt.example.com:9999'. In all other cases these options are
  computed using C<$WebDomain>, C<$WebPort> and C<$WebPath>.

You probably want something like:

  Set($WebDomain, 'rt2.rice.edu');
  Set($WebPort, 8443);
  Set($WebBaseURL, 'https://rt2.rice.edu:8443');

Alternatively, you could be slightly more clever:

  Set($WebBaseURL,
      sprintf('https://%s:%d',
              map { RT->Config->Get("Web$_") } qw(Domain Port)));