[rt-users] RT4 make initialize-database fails

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 2 10:07:52 EST 2012

On 03/01/2012 07:44 PM, Jonathon Doran wrote:
> So it seems really important that I have a pristine RT4 database, yet the
> script is dying.  Below is output with no RT databases existing. Does
> anyone have any
> recommendations?

RT 4 is finding and loading the RT 3 libraries installed by the RPM.

This problem is because of the way Redhat packages RT; they install the
RT libraries directly into the system Perl path rather than keeping them
separate (as RT defaults to) in something like /opt/rt3/lib or
/usr/local/rt3/lib.  Note the /usr/share/perl5 paths to the RT libs in
the error message.

The result of this is that if you use the RPMs you can't have multiple
versions of RT running on the same Redhat box without using a build of
Perl that's not the system Perl.

You should uninstall the rt3 RPM before going forward with your RT 4
source install.