[rt-users] AD user logged in, but no ticket is seen

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 2 12:24:21 EST 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 01:44:23PM -0600, Zhang,Jun wrote:
>    Ldap user authentication seems to work using RT-Authen-ExternalAuth. An AD user can login and
>    create tickets in a queue, but next time the same user logged in he sees no open/closed
>    tickets. Only root user can see all the tickets.
>
>    Cannot add user rights to the AD user. Once I put the AD user name in the field and check a
>    box, it will say "Invalid username".

Use the search on Tools -> Configuration -> Users to confirm the
username that is being imported, then you can add the user to a group
and grant it rights.

It's quite likely the user is Unprivileged and needs to be made
Privileged.

You should not configure RT-Authen-ExternalAuth to talk back to mysql
for the RT database.  For starters, Crypt::MySQL won't work, and it
isn't necessary, if LDAP fails, RT will look for an internal password
anyway.

>    Set($ExternalAuthPriority,  [ 'My_MySQL',
>
>                                  'My_LDAP'
>
>                                ]
>
>    );
>
>    Set($ExternalServiceUsesSSLorTLS,    0);
>
>    Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    0);
>
>    Set($ExternalSettings,      {
>
>                                    'My_MySQL'   =>  {
>
>                                                            'type'                      =>  'db',