[rt-users] problems installing rt4 on Ubuntu 11.11

Alan McKay alan.mckay+rt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:54:37 EST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay+rt at gmail.com> wrote:

> But when I type /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database-4 it more's the source code of
> the program instead of running it.

OK, that seems to be because I was missing perl-doc.   Got that installed
and was able to use this program to help me figure things out.

The basic problem seems to be this : when you "GRANT ALL" in MySQL, it does
not actually grant all!!!   You get all privs except for the "GRANT" priv -
I had to then manually give the root at RT_HOST user the GRANT priv and then
the database creation went smoothly and I now seem to be running.