[rt-users] Couldn't load user ''

Florian Lengyel florian.lengyel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:15:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On 03/12/2012 05:17 PM, Florian Lengyel wrote:
> > Since this is a new installation, I'm inclined to start over with 4.0.5.
> > I had to piece together some installation notes from around the web
> > for 4.0.1 (I'm running rt-server.fcgi with nginx, etc).
>
> We document an nginx config in docs/web_deployment.pod and RT
> installation is covered in the README.  What was missing that you
> expected documented?

It's not a criticism of RT's documentation, which is complete, but a
reflection
of my own installation, which began with an apt-get install of
request-tracker4
(really 4.0.1) and ended with an upgrade to 4.0.5 as of this email.

I had forgotten that I had eventually used docs/web_deployment.pod
(or some copy on the RT wiki).  For the upgrade I decided to download
the source and recompile. The upgrade from 4.01 to
4.0.5 worked. Since I began with an Ubuntu apt-get install, I ended up
copying the
/etc/request-tracker4/RT_SiteConfig.pl to /opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pl.
I was also able to set some configure options that required manual
configuration
(the default Ubuntu install uses SQLite instead of mysql, as I recall. This
is the
reason for hunting around the web.)

FL