[rt-users] Oddity within the RT database

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 12:54:30 EDT 2012

It looks as though at some point, probably a long time ago during an upgrade, that I accidentally ran part of the upgrade database task twice, and as a result some of the standard portlet searches are duplicated:

select id, Name from Attributes where ObjectType = 'RT::System' order by Name

returns:

id,Name
1470,BrandedSubjectTag
494,HomepageSettings
497,HomepageSettings
18200,QueueCacheNeedsUpdate
498,"Search - Bookmarked Tickets"
499,"Search - My Requested Tickets"
492,"Search - My Tickets"
495,"Search - My Tickets"
493,"Search - Unowned Tickets"
496,"Search - Unowned Tickets"

Obviously in the RT-at-a-glance page, and in dashboard content pages, these searches appear twice, which is a bit messy, if harmless.

If I wanted to clean this up, obviously I could remove one of the duplicated entries in each case, but then I presumably need to also sanitise where they are referenced from.  Are the references going to be embedded in blobs in other Attributes?  I can see some of them are referenced in the Name of some other Attributes (for example Pref-RT::Attribute-492 and likewise 493 and 496) which presumably could be fairly easily fixed with a simple update.  But I imagine these things are referenced within saved home page settings and dashboards somewhere, which could be messy to fix.

Any thoughts?

Tim